- Bât 660, équipe Aviz – Université Paris-Sud – 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Designing visualization and interaction techniques, in particular for the visual analysis of graph and multidimensional data. I am interested in scalable ways to interact with large-scale data through visual representations, regarding both the representation and the processing aspects.
Research & Professional Experience
|2019 – present||Postdoctoral Researcher, Inria / Université Paris-Saclay
- Advisor: Jean-Daniel Fekete
- Member of the Aviz team
|2015 – 2016||Researcher Engineer, LaBRI / University of Bordeaux
- Member of the MABioVis team
|2015||Engineering Intern, FastConnect / Atos
- Advisor: Abdelkrim Hadjidj.
|Summer 2014||Research Intern, POSTECH, Computer Graphics Lab.
- Advisor: Prof. Lee Seungyong.
|2016 – 2019||Ph.D. student in Computer Science, University of Bordeaux, LaBRI
- Thesis subject: Interactive visualization on big data infrastructure
- Advisors: David Auber & Romain Bourqui.
- Member of the MABioVis team
|2012 – 2015||M.Sc in Computer Science, Bordeaux INP, ENSEIRB-Matméca
- with honors, rank: 17/104 (final year: 6/110)
More details here.
Refereed Journal Publications
- G. Richer, J. Sansen, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. 2019, “Hiepaco: Scalable hierarchical exploration in abstract parallel coordinates under budget constraints”, Big Data Research.
- J. Sansen, G. Richer, T. Jourde, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. 2017, “Visual exploration of large multidimensional data using parallel coordinates on big data infrastructure”, Informatics, vol. 4, no. 3, p. 21.
Refereed Conference Publications
- G. Richer, R. Bourqui, and D. Auber. 2019, “Corfish: Coordinating emphasis across multiple views using spatial distortion,” in 2019 IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium, [26% acceptance rate], IEEE Computer Society, pp. 1–10.
- A. Hinge, G. Richer, and D. Auber. 2017, “Mugdad: Multilevel graph drawing algorithm in a distributed architecture,” in Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision, IADIS, Lisbon, Portugal, p. 189.
Refereed Workshops Publications
- G. Richer, J. Sansen, F. Lalanne, D. Auber, and R. Bourqui. Mar. 2018, “Enabling hierarchical exploration for large-scale multidimensional data with abstract parallel coordinates,” in Proceedings of the Workshops of the EDBT/ICDT 2018 Joint Conference (EDBT/ICDT 2018), Vienna, Austria, March 26, 2018., pp. 76–83.
Conference presentations & Seminars
- Corfish: Coordinating emphasis across multiple views using spatial distortion, Paper presented at the 2019 Pacific Visualization Symposium in Bangkok, Thailand, Apr. 2019.
- Enabling hierarchical exploration for large-scale multidimensional data with abstract parallel coordinates, Paper presented at the Big Data Visual Exploration and Analytics Workshop, EDBT/ICDT 2018 in Vienna, Austria, Mar. 2018.
- Participation to the Dagstuhl Progressive Data Analysis and Visualization Seminar on large-scale information retrieval and analysis (October 2018, Germany).
Teaching & Mentoring Experience
2017-2019: Teaching Assistant, Bordeaux University Institutes of Technology, Dept. Computer Science. Undergraduate courses (total 128h class):
- Introduction to Algorithms & Programming (15 students), class 2h/week, grading
- Introduction to Computer Networks (25 students), class 4h/week, grading
- Undergraduate student intern, 6 months.
Project: Multi-scale scatterplot matrix visualization application for large-scale data
- Graduate students senior project, 6 students, 1 month.
Project: Spark-backed graph visualization tool for citation graphs.
- EuroVis 2019
- Big Data Research
- Organization of EDBT/ICDT 2017